Welcome to Southdowns Psychotherapy and Counselling, a private practice led by Alana Burton (Dip. TA Practice, MBACP).
Are you struggling with something you can’t seem fix alone? Perhaps you need to support to work through something together with your partner in couples therapy? Maybe you are feeling overwhelmed by something that’s going on for you? Therapy sessions provide an understanding and challenging environment through which you can develop emotional resilience and experience optimal growth.
I engage in conversations with people, like you, who may be experiencing some sort of emotional challenges. I believe that emotional distress, can be complex and bewildering. It can also be viewed as a legitimate emotional response to certain life experiences. As a therapist my role is to help you gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your circumstances. I will support you to utilise existing strengths more effectively. We can also can also work on developing new strategies to facilitate your personal growth and transformation.
Together, we will delve into your unique experiences and personal history to create a coherent narrative that will guide you toward a brighter future. You won’t have to face this journey alone.
I am located in the village of Washington (RH20) in West Sussex, and I work with individuals and couples seeking to enhance their overall well-being and relationships. Additionally, I offer psycho-educational groups and group therapy sessions. Regardless of your motivations for seeking therapy, it is my belief that we all strive for greater emotional fulfillment, and counseling and psychotherapy can be instrumental in helping us achieve that objective.
Issues For Counselling & Therapy:
- ABUSE: Emotional Abuse, Physical Abuse, Domestic Violence, Sexual Abuse, Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- ADDICTION: Drugs, Alcohol, Shopping, Gaming, Internet, Sex, Solvents, Technology, Work
- DEPRESSION: Bereavement, Depression, Low Self-Esteem, Low Self-Confidence, Male Depression
- FEARS: Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder/OCD
- RELATIONSHIPS: Relationship Difficulties including physical intimacy, Divorce and Separation
- SELF-HARM and SUICIDE: Self-harm, Suicidal Ideation (thoughts)
- STRESS: Anger, Dissociation, Stress, Work Related Issues
- TRAUMA: Traumatic Events, Childhood Trauma, Vicarious Trauma